As a founder, you need to be strategic about your plans for startup growth. Capital raising alone won’t be the solution to your cash flow problems. Instead of focusing on this, you need to know if you’re building a sustainable and profitable business. Because no matter how successful you are at capital raising, it’s pointless if you don’t know how to deploy these resources.
BoomStartup’s Tara Spalding joins us to discuss the important things you need to keep in mind when raising capital to ensure startup growth. She emphasizes the importance of communication and transparency between BoomStartup and its clients. Through quarterly business surveys, they can track their clients’ progress and suggest improvements along the way.
Tara also shares the programs they have to help founders accelerate their startup growth. We also touch upon the importance of intellectual property and high growth potential. Finally, we learn the value of SPVs in the pre-seed round and CFOs in the seed round.
If you want to know how an accelerator can be helpful to your startup growth, then this episode is for you.
3 reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover how BoomStartUp helps startups grow by giving them guidance and expert advice.
- Learn the different evaluation processes BoomStartup conducts to determine the progress and growth of its clients.
- Find out tips and strategies for intellectual property, capital raising, and when to hire a CFO.
– [06:18] Tara’s Background
– [10:28] What BoomStartup Does
– [12:59] What Low Barrier Means
– [16:20] How to Join the Accelerator for Startup Growth
– [19:17] Programs at BoomStartup
– [24:53] Building an Intellectual Property Strategy
– [31:14] High Growth Potential for Startup Growth
– [36:37] Assessing Capital and Progress
– [40:59] Using SPVs at the Pre-Seed Round
– [47:13] What to Look Out for in the Pre-Seed, Seed, and Series A Rounds
– [50:15] Why it Makes Sense to Hire a Part-Time CFO Prior to and After the Seed Round
Enjoyed This Podcast?
Write a review and share this with your friends.
Connect With Me
Ready to transform your purpose into an impactful business financial story, profit, and joy? Schedule a chat with me at any time.
- Visit Christina Sjahli’s website for more stories on entrepreneurial journeys to success on the Her CEO Journey podcast.
- Episode 118: Using a Special Purpose Vehicle as an Option for Capital Raising – The Journey of Katie Neilson
- Are you getting ready for capital raising? Identify the financial gaps that can stop you from building a profitable and sustainable business. Download this quiz!
- Connect with Tara: LinkedIn
- BoomStartup — An action-oriented and change-making accelerator that empowers startup growth. Check out their programs:
- Check out these Boom backers: