Can social impact and profit go together? Balancing the two is challenging, and many companies find themselves choosing one or the other. However, Ecosia shows that it’s possible. Ecosia is a green search engine, and they found a way to get their paid advertising revenue work for their social impact goals — planting trees in some of the harshest places around the world.
In this episode, Ruby Au joins us to talk about Ecosia’s positive impacts on the environment and paid advertising. She shares the sustainable projects that the company has started. Along the way, they’re able to generate high revenue. Ruby also reveals the goals and measures that will guide a business towards or away from its mission. Finally, we discuss how to get paid advertising work and how people can start partnering with Ecosia.
This episode is part two of the Growth Marketing Series. It aims to show you that business finance and marketing come together to focus on your purpose. If you invest in paid advertising, your marketing team should look at traffic- and conversion-driven metrics. Furthermore, they should also examine how each campaign results in revenue. Through this, your team becomes financial ambassadors, and you’re better able to make sound data-driven decisions.
If you want to know more about how to get paid advertising work for profit and social impact, then this episode is for you!
3 reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover the way Ecosia balances profit and social impact.
- Understand how your KPIs will always drive your decisions and investments.
- Learn practical tips on how to get paid advertising to work for you.
- [06:40] What Led Ruby to Work for Ecosia
- [12:42] How Ecosia Works
- [16:51] The Stakeholder vs. Shareholder Approaches
- [19:52] The Main Mission of Ecosia
- [23:09] Are Your Goals Aligned to Impact?
- [32:21] Ecosia’s User Profile
- [36:06] How Paid Advertising with the Syndicated Partner Network Works
- [42:09] How to Get Paid Advertising to Work for You
- [49:13] Mission and Profit Can Go Together
Enjoyed This Podcast?
Write a review and share this with your friends.
Connect With Me
Ready to transform your purpose into an impactful business financial story, profit, and joy? Schedule a chat with me.
- For more growth marketing strategies, visit the Her CEO Journey podcast series.
- Download this Action Guide to help get paid advertising to work for your business and increase social impact in Toronto, Canada.
- Episode 111 – Reimagining Business Finance: How a Holistic Approach Can Help You Improve Your Business
- Episode 112 – A Deep Dive into the Importance of an SEO Strategy – The Journey of Anna Colibri (Growth Marketing Series)
- Purpose to Prosperity Club on Clubhouse
- Connect with Ruby: LinkedIn
- Start planting trees with Ecosia; Download their mobile app.