Filing and acquiring patents is not an easy feat. The process is expensive, time-consuming, and intricate. With so many things to consider, it’s easy to be discouraged. However, it’s important to remember that IPs are of great value to your company. If you want to become an industry leader, it’s beneficial to learn how to patent your ideas.
In this episode, Susan Blanchet shares first-hand knowledge on developing an effective IP strategy. We learn why you should invest in IP and how you can leverage your IP strategy for financing. We also find out how patent agents, strategists, and industry advisors can help you through the process.
Listen to the full episode to know how to figure out the pieces necessary to develop the best IP strategy.
3 reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Gain a concrete idea of how to patent an idea.
- Learn how you can segment your IP.
- Understand the role of patent agents, strategists, and industry advisors in formulating your IP strategy.
- [05:38] Susan’s Journey into IP
- [06:41] Early Experiences in IP
- [07:51] How to Patent an Idea
- [09:59] Strategic Segmentation for Patents
- [13:35] Working with International IPs
- [15:18] The Role of Patent Agents
- [20:43] Multidisciplinary Approaches to IP
- [24:04] The Benefits of an IP Strategy
- [26:24] Susan’s Financing Advice
Enjoyed This Podcast?
Write a review and share this with your friends.
Connect With Me
Ready to transform your purpose into an impactful business financial story, profit, and joy? Schedule a chat with me at any time.
- Visit Christina Sjahli’s website! Learn more about innovating and scaling your business through the Her CEO Journey™ podcast.
- Demystifying Intellectual Property: IP as a Tool for Protection and Growth – The Journey of Patent Lawyer Isi Caulder
- Build Your Business Reputation: Learn How to Protect Intellectual Property and Use IP Strategies with Cassandra Derham
- Download the Forecasting Guide so you can create a better and improved financial forecast for your business!
- Innovation Asset Collective
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada
- Learn more about Origen Air: website
- Connect with Susan: Website | LinkedIn