One of the first things a leader will look for when hiring someone is their abilities. What are their skills? What level of education did they reach? Have they worked in a particular field before? These are all excellent questions to ask — after all, realizing your vision requires having the best talents on your team. But what are we really asking for when we interview a potential hire? When you look at an applicant’s resume, there’s a specific thing that defines whether you decide that one person is better than the rest: their experiences.
Eden Laurin of Nyssa understood that a person’s experiences are critical to their performance and capacity to align with a company’s vision. As she built Nyssa, she held true to that idea to ensure that her team would be the best at their jobs while also being cared for by the company.
Find someone who’s been in your shoes, and you’ve found someone who aligns with your mission. If you’re looking to discover how to craft a robust company culture, this episode is for you!
3 reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover the value of shared experiences.
- Learn what to look for when you want someone to align with your mission and vision.
- Find out why the best employees are people who understand what you’ve been through.
- [03:47] From a School to CEO and Founder of Nyssa
- [11:43] Solving ‘Unmentionables’
- [16:24] Adapting to the COVID Pandemic
- [18:50] Diversifying Products
- [20:59] The Value of Shared Experiences
- [29:02] Building the Culture and Team you Want
- [36:36] From a Personal Place: Eden’s Unmentionable
Enjoyed This Podcast?
Write a review and share this with your friends.
Connect With Me
Ready to transform your purpose into an impactful business financial story, profit, and joy? Schedule a chat with me at any time.