Updated: Nov 22, 2022
Being a sustainable business means going above and beyond. It entails upholding the highest standards of social and environmental performance. It also means putting a premium on being accountable and transparent. And that’s exactly what being B-Corp certified reflects.
However, it isn’t a one-time event. To ensure that you continue to meet rigorous requirements, you’ll need to recertify every three years.
Here are nine reasons why you should pursue it:
1. To Demonstrate Your Commitment To Being Sustainable
Being sustainable is a long-term commitment. That means you have to demonstrate it time and again. One of the best ways to show this consistency is by applying for a B-Corp recertification.
By renewing, you can guarantee your company meets the highest standards of:
- Workers rights
- Environmental impacts
- Customer impact
2. To Ensure Consistency With Ever-Evolving Best Practices
The sustainable business landscape changes all the time. What counted as best practice yesterday may no longer count today.
For instance, think of what we thought was sustainable five years ago. Then, consider what we know now. You take that extra step by renewing as your company meets today’s standards.
3. To Show Your Stakeholders Your Dedication To Ethical Business
Customers, investors, and employees have higher expectations from businesses. They expect companies to be sustainable, accountable, and transparent. And that is not just in word but also in deed.
By recertifying, you prove your commitment to being sustainable and having ethical business practices. That will help build trust and loyalty with clients, investors, and partners.
4. To Access Networks And Opportunities From A Like-Minded Global Community
Being a B-Corp isn’t just about meeting requirements. It also means joining a global network of organizations dedicated to using business as a force for good.
By renewing, you can access exclusive resources and opportunities available only to certified B Corps. That includes online workshops to networking events with thought leaders in the field.
5. To Get An Outside Perspective On Your Performance
Recertifying is the perfect chance to step back and assess your progress. It can help you identify points for improvement and track your performance over time.
You can also take advantage of the feedback from experienced B-Corp assessors. Use it to gain valuable insights from external experts.
6. To Benchmark Your Performance Against Best Practices And Certified B-Corps
Recertifying allows you to gauge your performance. You can compare it to the standards set by B Lab and other leading companies.
That is a great learning opportunity for benchmarking your progress. You can also use this chance to adapt best practices to your operations.
7. To Attract Like-Minded Employees
Being a B-Corp shows employees that your company is serious about being sustainable and ethical. That will help you attract talented people. You can find those who are passionate about making a positive difference.
Your employees are your partners in creating a sustainable future. So, having the right people is essential.
Recertifying for B-Corp will help you find them. Likewise, it will help them find you.
8. To Inspire Other Businesses To Take A similar Approach
By recertifying, you can serve as an example to other companies looking to make a difference. You can share your experience and inspire them to become B-Corp certified and join its global community.
You can advocate for a larger shift toward ethical business practices. That can let you make an even bigger positive impact on the world.
Recertifying for B-Corp will show others that it’s possible to do good while running a successful business.
9. To Join A Renowned Community Of Like-Minded Companies Doing Good
Being B-Corp certified means joining an impressive network of sustainable businesses worldwide. You can meet and join other companies dedicated to making an impact.
You’ll get access to experiences, resources, and opportunities to help your business stay on the right path. You won’t be in this alone. You’ll have the support you need from a global community of like-minded companies and people.
Recertifying will help you expand your network and continue making a positive impact in the world.
Staying On Track With B-Corp Requirements
When you commit to being a sustainable business, you must stay on top of the latest B-Corp requirements. That’s why it’s crucial to keep up with the best standards.
Recertifying for B-Corp can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. All you need is an organized approach and access to the right resources. Here’s what you can do:
- Outsource CFO services. Virtual CFO services can help you stay on top of your business finances. That is crucial, especially when you adjust your practices to suit certification requirements.
- Invest in professional development. Professional development helps your business stay on track with B-Corp standards. You’ll want to invest in training and workshops that allow you to understand and follow them.
- Get organized. Create an action plan that outlines the necessary steps for recertifying. That will make it easier to stay on top of deadlines and keep track of progress.
- Form a review team. Forming an internal review team can help you identify areas that need improvement. You can also use it to highlight areas of excellence.
Recertifying for B-Corp is an investment in the future of your business, so it pays off to do it right. Just have a proactive approach and gain access to the right resources. That way, you can confidently keep up with the requirements.
You can continue to do good while ensuring your business is successful and sustainable. It proves your dedication to making a positive impact on the world.
Are you looking for a virtual CFO to help you in this journey? Book a call with Profit Reimagined today. See what we stand for and how we can help women in business like you.