Many entrepreneurs establish their businesses intending to earn for themselves or their families. But, having a company that also allows you to give back to your community can be a lot more fulfilling. It’s quite terrifying to start giving to others without the certainty of success with your business. However, there are steps you can take to ensure that your business thrives while remaining generous to others.
In this episode, Masami Sato, founder and CEO of B1G1, shares her journey of turning a small idea of a giving business into a global initiative. Her drive to make a difference in underprivileged communities inspires her to take this risk. She motivates others to do the same. Masami talks about the struggles she faced as she began her business and how she overcame them. She then reveals how other business owners can join the movement of giving back to their communities.
If you are a business owner looking for ways to give back to the community, then this episode is for you!
- [7:43] Masami’s Journey on B1G1
- [09:39] Lessons From Backpacking to Asia
- [11:36] How the Buy-One-Get-One Model Came to Be
- [15:26] Reason for Establishing B1G1 at Singapore
- [17:47] The Beginning of B1G1
- [22:23] Struggles During the First Year
- [27:00] Projects Under B1G1
- [30:06] Linking Operations to the Project
- [34:33] Spirit of Giving Within B1G1 Members
- Visit Christina Sjahli’s website for more insights on designing an ownership structure that aligns with your company vision, and check out the Her CEO Journey™ podcast series!
- As a special gift for tuning it, get your free 90-Day Financial Strategic Planning with Christina! Set up a time here!
- Create an impact through the B1G1 platform!
- Connect with Masami website | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter.
Enjoy the Her CEO Journey™ Podcast?
As a mission-driven women entrepreneur, you are capable of making a difference by incorporating giving into your everyday business operations. If you enjoyed today’s episode of Her CEO Journey Podcast, hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
Write us a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning into the show, then do not hesitate to leave us a review. You can also share this episode with the women you know so they can find financial empowerment and get their ideas into the world.
Have any questions about business finance? You can contact me through LinkedIn or schedule a chat with me at any time. You can also suggest topics you’re curious about for future episodes to help your business grow. Thanks for listening!