How can a business be both profitable and a force of positive change in the world? Most entrepreneurs think they need to choose one or the other. But this isn’t true! More and more businesses are seeing the possibility of doing both at the same time, without sacrificing profit for impact.
One vital area of environmental impact is plastic waste. We produce 300 million tons of plastic waste every year, and 14 million tons end up in our oceans.
In this episode, Maria McDonald from United By Blue dives into how environmental impact is at the core of their business model. She talks about their one-for-one model, the Quit Single Use policy, and vendor and manufacturer agreements. Maria imparts her journey and shares the possibility of businesses changing the world one less plastic at a time.
If you want to learn how you can balance profitability and environmental impact for your business, tune in to this episode now!
3 reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Understand how a business can be profitable without compromising their environmental impact.
- Learn how your business for good can reduce plastic waste.
- Realize how environmental impact can be the heart and soul of your business model.
- [02:11] Maria’s Journey to United By Blue
- [05:29] How United By Blue Works
- [10:44] How Pricing Works in the Fashion Industry
- [14:42] The Quit Single Use Pledge
- [20:57] United By Blue’s Experience with Cutting Out Plastic
- [27:30] Sustainability and the Supply Chain
- [31:30] The Difficulties of No Single-Use Plastics
- [33:52] Brand Partners and Sustainability
- [40:34] How Sustainability Works with Finance
- [46:16] United By Blue’s Cleanups
- [49:56] A Future Without Plastic
- United By Blue: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Connect with Maria: LinkedIn
- Connect with Christina Sjahli: LinkedIn
- Profit Reimagined: LinkedIn
Enjoyed This Podcast?
Write a review and share this with your friends.
Connect With the Profit Reimagined
Ready to transform your purpose into an impactful business financial story, profit, and joy? Schedule a chat with the team.