Almost every product-based industry uses plastic — including the food industry. However, it also significantly contributes to pollution, harming the environment and humanity. As business owners, our decisions about how we run our business can help reduce our plastic footprint. Switching to plastic-free might be challenging, but it makes the world a better place.
In this episode of Her CEO Journey, Kate Flynn, Co-founder and CEO of Sun & Swell, talks about how they continue to evolve and innovate to find an answer to the plastic problem. She talks about her journey as a pioneer of compostable packaging and the challenges they overcame along the way. Kate gives great insights and tips about how businesses can find ways to improve packaging and help reduce their plastic footprint.
If you want to learn more about how you can make an impact with a profitable business, tune in to this episode now!
3 reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Learn about the challenges in making the switch from plastic to compostable.
- Discover how Sun & Swell balances doing good and making a profit.
- Find out your options for making your business more sustainable.
- [02:45] How Kate Started Her Journey
- [06:18] A Company That’s More Than Just Profit
- [109:19] Sourcing Organic
- [11:30] Sun & Swell’s Products and Innovation
- [17:27] Adapting to Compostable Materials
- [25:10] Revolution for Food Packaging
- [26:38] Balancing Mission and Profitability
- [28:35] Stepping Away From Plastic Packaging
- Sun & Swell Website
- Connect with Kate Flynn: LinkedIn
- Connect with Christina Sjahli: LinkedIn
- Find out about Profit Reimagined: LinkedIn | Website
Enjoyed This Podcast?
Write a review and share this with your friends.
Connect With the Profit Reimagined
Ready to transform your purpose into an impactful business financial story, profit, and joy? Schedule a chat with the team at any time.