Understanding the importance of a venture capital fund is critical if you’re planning to fund a business. Financing is a significant step when you’re starting up a company, but before you begin looking for venture capital, it’s best to understand what it is.
This episode’s guest is Vonetta Young, a proud woman of colour and financial advisor who guides persons of colour and women searching for or looking to enter the world of venture capital funding. In this episode of Her CEO Journey, we discuss what venture capital funding is and how it works. We also discuss what it takes to find the perfect business partner for your start-up, the difference between private equity and venture capital, and many more.
If you are interested in learning about venture capital funding, its importance, and looking for the perfect business partner, then this episode is for you!
- [5:59] Vonetta Young’s Journey
- [9:03] The Difference Between Private Equity and Venture Capital
- [10:30] How to Become A Venture Capitalist
- [12:17] How does An Angel Investment Help
- [13:20] Deciding on Partnerships – General Partner vs. Limited Partner
- [16:22] Determine The Level of Investment and Partnership
- [25:21] On Newer Fund Managers
- [28:37] Where to Find New Emerging Fund Managers
- Visit our website for more insights on cash flow and profit on the Her CEO Journey™ podcast series!
- Chat with a Fractional CFO and receive the benefits of a CFO here!
- Download the Forecasting Guide so that you can create a better and improved financial forecast for your business!
- Get financially ready at Vonetta Young Advisors
- Learn from Vonetta Young on her YouTube channel
- Connect with Vonetta Young: LinkedIn
Enjoy the Her CEO Journey™ Podcast?
Cash flow and profit could be confusing when you are venturing into business. Once you’re able to evaluate and understand their differences, you are sure to form a wiser business decision. If you enjoyed today’s episode of Her CEO Journey Podcast, hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
Write us a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning into the show, then do not hesitate to leave us a review. You can also share this episode with the women you know, so they can find financial empowerment and get their ideas into the world.
Have any questions about business finance and venture capital funding? You can contact us through LinkedIn or schedule a chat with us at any time. You can also suggest topics you’re curious about for future episodes to help your business grow. Thanks for listening!