Do you know what’s in your beauty products? You may think of the active ingredients and their effectiveness in your beauty routine. Do you ever think about whether they have microplastics in them and how your packaging is most likely single-use?
Most people think plastics are limited to things we can see — from plastic bags to plastic bottles. The truth is that microplastics are everywhere in the beauty industry. For example, nylon is often used to make products feel smoother.
In this episode, Jo Chidley shares her journey to reduce plastics in the beauty industry through Beauty Kitchen and Re. She shares that 95% of beauty packaging is single-use — and most of them never get recycled. Faced with this problem, she created Re, a reuse packaging infrastructure supporting Beauty Kitchen and other beauty brands.
If you want to learn more about how to reimagine the beauty industry and how you can start applying a circular economy concept to your business, tune in to this episode now!
3 reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover how the beauty industry uses plastics not just for their packaging but also as beauty product ingredients.
- Learn how Beauty Kitchen and Re are changing the standards in the beauty industry by using sustainable materials and the circular economy concept.
- Understand how reuse is the future of packaging and how your business can apply the concept.
- [02:35] Introducing Jo and Beauty Kitchen
- [05:55] How Big Businesses Work
- [08:33] How to Make Sustainability Part of Your Business
- [11:04] What are Microplastics?
- [14:31] Rethinking Beauty Packaging
- [21:26] The Beauty of Reuse
- [24:54] Transition to Reuse Packaging
- [29:08] How Business can Apply a Reuse Model
- [31:15] BCorps vs Cradle to Cradle
- [33:36] The Importance of Certification
- Check out a previous Her CEO Journey episode, Saving the Earth Through Compostable Packaging – The Journey of Kate Flynn
- Beauty Kitchen: Website I Facebook I Twitter I Instagram I Youtube I TikTok I LinkedIn.
- Re: Website I Twitter I LinkedIn
- B Corporations: Website
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation: Website
- Cradle to Cradle Institute: Website
- Connect with Jo Chidley: LinkedIn
Enjoyed This Podcast?
Write a review and share this with your friends.
Connect With the Profit Reimagined
Ready to transform your purpose into an impactful business financial story, profit, and joy? Schedule a chat with the team at any time.