It can get easy to be swept away by the flow of the market and what other companies in your space are doing. When you see something succeed, it’s natural to want to try it too — after all, you need to get your ROI! But businesses for good are in it for more than just the money: their founders have a purpose. It’s critical to balance finances with making that social impact.
In this episode, Lyndsey Boucherle discusses how Better Ventures invests in companies looking to make a positive change in the world. Unlike typical companies, they aim to uplift everyone, not just shareholders. She explains how they choose the best companies to invest in for their ROI while ensuring that their founders don’t drift away from their purpose. Finally, she also discusses minimizing inequality for women in business.
If you’re thinking of investing in a business, or want to create social impact, then this episode is for you!
- [05:11] Becoming A Principal Of Better Ventures
- [08:46] Maximizing Value For All Stakeholders
- [12:50] Balancing Social Impact Against Growth
- [20:36] Supporting Women In Business
- [25:47] What Better Ventures Looks For In A Company
- [31:59] Lyndsey’s Advice On Building A Business
- Visit Christina Sjahli’s website for more insights on designing an ownership structure that aligns with your company vision, and check out the Her CEO Journey™ podcast series!
- Get your free 90-Day Financial Strategic Planning with Christina! Set up a time here!
- See how Better Ventures supports mental health at Prairie Health
- Learn how Refiberd addresses the textile waste problem. Website | LinkedIn
- Connect with Lyndsey: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
Enjoy the Her CEO Journey™ Podcast?
If you enjoyed today’s episode of Her CEO Journey Podcast, hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
Write us a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning into the show, do not hesitate to leave us a review.
Have any questions about business finance? You can contact us through LinkedIn or schedule a chat with our team at any time. You can also suggest topics you’re curious about for future episodes to help your business grow. Thanks for listening!