Starting a business is daunting enough. Add a mission to it and it becomes all the more challenging. Mission-driven businesses often have a hard time finding partners, whether lenders or investors, that understand their mission. If they don’t, it can lead to drastic results for their business and those they want to serve. Finding people who understand your mission will help you find a community that will support you and helps you thrive.
In this episode, Caryl Levine shares her journey with Lotus Foods and how they partnered with RSF Social Finance. With the right partnerships, they were able to make the change they wanted to see in the world. You can create your own social impact — you just need to find people who are aligned with your mission and committed to helping you push it forward.
If you want to find partners that will help you elevate your business and spread your mission, then this episode is for you!
3 reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Learn how Lotus Foods is changing how the world grows rice.
- Discover why choosing the right lenders is beneficial for your mission.
- Find out why businesses need both patient capital and debt.
- [05:18] How Lotus Foods Started
- [08:40] Introducing Black Rice to the American Market
- [10:10] More Crop per Drop
- [13:11] Reaching Small Scale Farmers
- [16:47] Economic Impacts
- [19:03] Bootstrapping Lotus Foods
- [21:27] Working with RSF Social Finance
- [24:42] How RSF Social Finance Has Helped Lotus Foods
- [29:48] On Capital and Community Pricing
- [33:48] Ken’s Insights as a Financial Planner
- [35:15] Working with a Fractional CFO
- [35:54] Caryl’s Final Advice
- Her CEO Journey™ Patient Capital Series:
- Connect with Caryl: LinkedIn | Website
Enjoyed This Podcast?
Write us a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning into the show, please leave us a review. You can also share this episode with the women you know so they can find financial empowerment and get their ideas into the world.
Have any questions about business finance? You can contact our team through LinkedIn or schedule a discovery call with our Profit Reimagined™ experts. You can also suggest topics you’re curious about for future episodes to help your business grow.
For more episode updates, feel free to visit our website.