Many founders often compromise their mission to grow their business. Creating wealth and social impact at the same time is no easy matter. If you’re looking for a way to raise capital while also staying true to your mission, the best way would be to find an investor that’s aligned with your purpose.
In this episode, Lyn Johnson and Sara Sparhawk talk about the gender wealth gap and how they seek to empower women founders. They discuss the pros and cons that their finance background gave them in creating a solid financial model and managing cash flow. Finally, they emphasize the importance of finding the right investors.
If you want to raise or invest in a home-based business, this episode is for you!
- [05:28] Lyn’s Journey
- [06:33] Sara’s Journey
- [08:49] The Gender Wealth Gap
- [10:19] Helping Women Create Wealth
- [12:45] How West Tenth Started
- [16:26] Capital Raising Journey
- [18:41] Criteria for Investors
- [21:56] How to Balance Business Growth and Mission
- [26:15] Finance Background and Capital Raising
- [29:46] Building a Financial Model
- [34:22] Managing Cash Flow
- [40:32] Reporting to Investors
- Her CEO Journey™ Patient Capital Series:
- Chat with a Fractional CFO and receive the benefits of a CFO here!
- Forecasting Guide — Create a better and improved financial forecast for your business!
- Connect with Lyn: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with Sarah: LinkedIn
- West Tenth: Apple Store | Google Play
- The Foundry
Enjoy the Her CEO Journey™ Podcast?
Write us a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning into the show, then do not hesitate to leave us a review. You can also share this episode with the women you know so they can find financial empowerment and get their ideas into the world.